After School Frenzy (ASF) After School Program
Make the school year fun, exciting and educational by sending your child to ASF at AFRC. Your child will create lasting friendships and memories in a fun, safe, and caring environment. Plus, they will be engaged in a variety of recreational and educational activities including: arts and crafts, field trips, exercise, games, movies, sports, and more.
Registration for ASF Opens July 7, 2021 at 8 am.
Online & In-House Registration Will be Available
- Online: visit https://secure.rec1.com/NM/alamogordo-recreation/catalog starting July 7, 2021 at 8 am.
Required Registration Forms
Submitting the forms online before the program start date does NOT guarantee enrollment. Children are only enrolled for weeks that are fully paid for.
- Grades: Kindergarten - 5th Grade (Elementary School)
- Season: Aug 9, 2021 - May 27, 2022
- Regular days: 3*- 6pm (*subject to change depending on school ending time)
- Full days: 7:45am - 5:15pm (on select days when children are out of school).
- Note: Children must be picked up by designated end time or late fees will be incurred.
- Transportation: Transportation from designated schools is provided within the service area. Elementary Schools include Buena Vista, Desert Star, La Luz, North, Sierra, Sunset Hills and Yucca.
- Alternate Schools: Children attending schools not listed in the ASF Transportation List (above) may enroll in ASF under the following terms.
- Parent/guardian is responsible for providing transportation to ASF*.
- Parent/guardian will acknowledge that ASF adheres to the academic schedule set forth by Alamogordo Public Schools (APS)
- After School Clubs: - ASF does not run secondary routes for children in afterschool programs.
Parent/guardian with children participating in after school clubs/programs must provide alternative transportation to ASF*.
* Both instances include any offsite locations noted on the Program Monthly Schedule
- Base Fee: $45 per week
- Additional fees charged when program is expanded to full days, providing care during ‘no school’ days (e.g., parent/teacher conferences).
- Children are enrolled for paid weeks ONLY. Spots are not held or guaranteed for unpaid weeks.
- Any openings in future weeks are filled on a first come, first served basis.
- On weeks with maximum enrollment, children may be placed on a waitlist per parent request.
- Payment must be made at time of registration.
- Sponsorships are available to qualifying participants (based on annual family income).
- Prices and dates for all programs are subject to change.
Our friendly, trained staff closely supervise activities and children at all times, providing a safe environment in which children are able to relax, explore, and grow!