POOL PHASED OPENING PLAN
Pool is scheduled to reopen for registered lap swim and aqua walk sessions the week of April 19, 2021 (dependent on weather and staff availability). Participation in any session requires online pre-registration. Initially, sessions and participant numbers will be limited but we will expand as soon as we are able to based on staff availability. Please check back for updates on hours, sessions and COVID protocols.
Lap Swim & Aqua Walk Sessions
- DATES AND TIME TO BE DETERMINED. Please check back for updates.
- Online Registration REQUIRED for each session.
- Registration will open at 8 am 3 days prior to and will close at 10 pm the day prior to a session date. Be sure of dates/times you are registering for as no refunds may be given due to AFRC withdrawal policies.
- Register at https://secure.rec1.com/NM/alamogordo-recreation/catalog.
- Lap swim / Aqua walk sessions are for adults and seniors only.
- Please read the general information below and the specific information to the right as it explains current practices/procedures that you will be expected to follow and answers a lot of questions.
- MASKS: Masks are required to be worn at all times except while swimming and showering. Individuals without masks will not be allowed in facility. Do not wear masks while swimming as they pose a major safety concern.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: Patrons should maintain a 6’ separation. Markers at 6’ intervals have been placed at the facility entry to facilitate distancing.
- Entry is through the main entrance where you will be checked-in (masks must be worn), Check-in includes a temperature check. If your temperature is too high (100.4 or above) you will not be able to attend the swim session.
- Exit - patrons must exit the facility promptly at the end of their swim session time through the northwest gate of the pool.
- SESSION TIME: 1HOUR & 15 MINUTES (max time allowed)
- 1 HR (in pool time) and 15 MINS (total combined entry/exit time).
- Patron must exit the facility by the end of the allotted session time.
- A 15-minute time buffer has been placed onto a 1 HR swim period to provide patron time for entry/exit (this includes check-in, initial rinse shower, drying off and exiting). If you need more than the 15-minute time allowance for entry/exit, you will need to reduce/shorten your allotted 1 HR swim period to accommodate the additional time needed for entry/exit.
- Session times are subject to change based on staff availability and facility maintenance needs
- LOCKER ROOM USE & BELONGINGS:
- Locker rooms are for changing and rinse showers ONLY.
- LOCKERS ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR USE AT THIS TIME.
- Belongings must be kept with you at all times, a chair is provided at each lane for patron use and/or belonging storage.
- Patrons MUST take an initial rinse shower prior to entering the pool.
- Locker rooms and showers are NOT to be used for prolonged showers after a swim session. Patrons may shorten their time in the pool in order to take another quick rinse shower after swimming and to change but must exit the facility by the end of the allotted session time.
- Locker rooms, shower areas, doors/gates and chairs will be sanitized/disinfected after each session.
- CANCELLATIONS, NO SHOWS & TURN-AWAYS
- If a session is canceled by the facility (e.g., bad weather), patrons will be provided with a refund.
- If a patron does not show for a session or is turned away due to non-compliance with any facility procedures/practices, no refund will be given.
- Are expected to begin in MAY, DATES AND TIMES TO BE DETERMINED. Please check back for updates.
- Online Registration REQUIRED for each session at https://secure.rec1.com/NM/alamogordo-recreation/catalog.
Aqua Exercise Classes
- No aqua exercise classes at this time.
Public Swim Sessions
- No public swim sessions at this time.
- Splash pad - CLOSED at this time due to limited staff.
- Big slide - CLOSED at this time due to limited staff.
Please be aware that pool session openings and hours are subject to change due to weather, staff availability and pool maintenance. To verify pool openings and hours, please call 575-439-4142 during regular facility hours.
Age Categories & Restrictions
- Youth – to qualify as a youth individuals must be 17 years of age or younger.
- Full Facility - any child under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult (age 18 or over) at all times. Both youth and adult are charged use fees.
- Pool Area - any child 6 years of age or under must be kept within arm’s reach of an adult (age 18 or over) while in the pool area (on deck or in water) at all times. Maximum adult / child ratio: 1 adult / 2 children. Both youth and adult are charged use fees.
- Adult – to qualify as an adult individuals must be 18 years of age or older.
- Senior Adult – to qualify as a senior adult individuals must be 55 years of age or older.
50 meter by 25 yard outdoor pool and surrounding deck is available seasonally for:
- Aquatic Fitness
- Birthday Parties
- Lap Swim
- Private Pool Rental
- Recreational Swimming
- Swim Lessons
- Swim Team Practices
The AFRC Pool is a seasonal outdoor pool. The pool’s operating season is anticipated to be a six month season-open from mid-spring until mid-fall. However, the schedule is subject to change due to maintenance issues, weather and/or staffing.
To verify pool hours please give us a call at 575-439-4142.